Why hello there! It’s a long time since I’ve actually written a blog post – but as a lot of you lovely people have been messaging me about Christmas gifts (for both yourselves and others!) I thought I’d put together a festive fun Christmas bonanza edition of Liv Loves – including both what’s on my Christmas list (some of my favourite brands of the year) and what I’m buying friends and family. So friends and family, stop reading now. Please.
I really like Christmas, and after a tricky year (understatement) feel I need it more this year than ever. I’ve enjoyed looking for presents for loved ones more than usual – finding it an escape from reality – and tried to make sure they’re useful, too. If there’s anything that this year has taught us, it’s that we don’t need loads of useless ‘stuff’; and also times are tough for many so things that can be used are probably going to be more appreciated. I do ask people for lists – and I write one too. I used to think this was really spoilt and demanding and ruined Christmas a bit – but now I feel it’s far less wasteful, as you’ll get things you’ll use.
- These Hush Pyjamas, £49.50 (I’m a 100% cotton kind of girl). You can get them from John Lewis or from Hush directly.
- I love Jo Malone but it’s something I’d never buy myself! I particularly love the Wood Sage & Sea Salt shower gel and the Mimosa and Cardomom perfume in the winter (pictured, in need of a top up!) – it’s warm without being overbearing and not too floral.
- We’re obsessed with candles since working at home and I love these jars of matches to leave out – my boyfriend got me a jar a while ago and it’s running low!
- I love my Dyson Airwrap, and am after another attachment for it – the round brush which I’ve tried before and it works well to get my thick hair straight.
And then some bits I love which I’m buying friends and family…
- Dermalogica. This was probably my best discovery this year – and me banging on about their products has meant my family tried it too and now have it on their Christmas lists. I never thought I’d see the day that some of my male family members would ask for fancy skincare for Christmas but I think it’s great because it’s something they’ll definitely use! I’ve gone for the Special Cleansing Gel, the Daily Superfoliant, the ‘best cleanse and glow’ gift set and then two of my favourites for my mum: the Stress Positive eye lift and AGE Bright Active Clearing serum. I’d recommend ordering from the Dermalogica website as everything comes boxed and wrapped in tissue which makes Christmas wrapping easier!
- The Home Beauty Lab vegan fluffy slippers (use code OLIVIA for 20% off).
- A Beauty Pie subscription, or a selection of their products (I’ve bought some of my favourites including the Super Healthy Skin Body Polish, the Vitamin C Moisturiser and Super Pore Detox Black Clay Mask as gifts this year).
- I’ve been buying Litwicks candles as Christmas gifts for a few years now – they never fail to make people smile and smell divine. My favourite scent is the Black Truffle & Ylang Ylang, but all of them are lovely! Added bonus: Litwicks is run by a one-woman machine, Becky, who is one of the nicest people on Instagram.
- Korean beauty brand Erborian products have also been a staple for me this year, their CC Creme being perfect for WFH life and would also make a great gift, as would their Pink Prime & Care which is great for loads of skin types.
- My boyfriend was THRILLED with a Les Girls, Les Boys sweatshirt this year so I thought I’d buy him another in a different colourway (like this one), as he’s living in it while working from home. I also love their pyjamas – such great patterns and are so comfy – a real treat. They have 15% off loads of sweats and pyjamas at the moment too, so well worth a browse! I’ve bought the Green Roasting tin book as a gift a few times and am doing so again this Christmas – great recipes for veggies and meat eaters alike.
- If you’re after something personal, small brand SBRI do some great personalised coin purses at such a good price – £25-30 including personalisation.
- Last but not least – a go-to for great gifts for me is Uniqlo. My boyfriend loves their tees, my brothers and dad love their sweats, and my mum loves pretty much everything in there. I’ll be posting more of my Uniqlo gifting favourites on my Instagram soon!
I hope you enjoyed this Liv Loves festive edition! I’ll keep this updated with anything else I find/buy. Love Liv xx